- Nearly 95% of heartburn sufferers associate it with a particular food.
- The majority of people report symptoms at night, with only 20% occurring during the day.
- Those suffering from weekly heartburn have been experiencing symptoms for more than five years.
- Roughly 7 million people in the United States experience symptoms of GERD.
- 1/3 of Americans suffer from heartburn at least once a month, with nearly 10% experiencing it daily.
- Infants can also experience heartburn, but tend to grow out of it.
- 6 million prescriptions are written annually for heartburn medications.
- It’s estimated by the American College of Gastroenterology that the symptoms of GERD result in almost $2 billion in lost productivity each week of the year.
- 5-7% of the world’s population complains of heartburn on a daily basis.
If you fall under one of these alarming statistics (provided by healthline.com and helpingheartburn.com), contact Houston Heartburn today!