Guideline to GERD Management
Download your FREE copy of our informational booklet on managing heartburn and acid reflux. In this informative guide, you will learn about:
- Dr. Elias Darido: Houston’s most recognized Acid Reflux specialist
- What is GERD?
- GERD Stages
- GERD and Diet
- What to eat? When to eat? How much to eat? When you have acid reflux
- The latest technologies in GERD management
- Acid reflux diagnosis using smart pills
- Esophageal function evaluation using manometry
- Esophageal evaluation using endoscopy
- Minimally invasive solutions for GERD
- Nissen fundoplication procedure
Dr. Elias Darido – Houston Heartburn and Reflux Specialist
“Proper diagnosis and effective heartburn treatment “ is the vision of Dr. Elias Darido, founder of Houston Heartburn and Reflux Center. In today’s healthcare environment, there is much more to offer to control gastro-esophageal acid reflux disease (GERD). Many physicians have adopted a treatment model based on anti-reflux medications, typically Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs) like Nexium, Dexilant and Prevacid. Unfortunately, PPIs don’t cure the problem of acid reflux but rather control the symptoms. Symptom control alone is, however, not enough when managing a chronic and progressive condition like gastro-esophageal reflux disease (GERD). At Houston Heartburn and Reflux Center, Dr. Darido aspires to provide a comprehensive care for GERD patients in Houston and around the world.